Steve is toooo cool
So today is Sunday and I went to the rink again. I am getting so that Rexall Place is a second home. Most of the players when they come in for practice are used to seeing me there. I go early, because I hate being late, and set up and then wait. Pronger came in one morning and looked at me and shook his head and said, "Always early." Yup, thats me.
Today was an 'optional' skate for the Oilers so not a lot of them skated. They do however have to deal with the media. That is probably more grueling than a skate.
Peca and Staios in the 'mix zone'
This is the mix zone. Basically as I explained before a clusterfu#k. There was, as I counted, at one time today 12 cameras in the visitors room. Too many cameras, not enough to take pictures of.
me in the mix zone scrum
The mix zone scrum was not as bad as the scrum in the visitors locker room for Eric Staal. Man that was a mess. Here is a look at it AFTER I left it. I was standing on a chair to get the shot.
Bad scrum
I was not happy about that one. I guess it can only get worse from here. If it goes six games and the Oilers can close it out here, man is that going to be a mess.
Cabbie holding court
As I mentioned before Cabbie, Cabral, came to town here today and took his show to, well, the show. He talked to several NHL'rs and basically made us all laugh. During the Peca interview he made John Davidson laugh. Cabbie is funny.
Speaking of John Davidson...More celebrity watching. John Davidson is in town. Yes he is. He is my favorite hockey broadcaster. Him, Darren Pang, and Barry Melrose. Who is also in town. I have not had a chance to snap a pic of him yet, but I will get him.
Of course Don Cherry is here, that thing over his arm is his jacket. Really. No really.
Paul Coffey
Paul Coffey, Oiler legend, was here today. He has his number retired in the rafters. I almost got to ride the elevator last night. Almost. That is Cliffy shooting the interview. He works for Global Television.
Stephane Richer and Bob McKenzie
Stepane Richer is a fomer Motreal Canadian, and Bob McKenzie, not that Bob McKenzie, the one who is on TSN as the hockey insider. I also saw Kirk Mueller in the rink today. Man they are coming out of the woodwork.
Anyway, a good day at the office and hopefully tomorrow will be a good one also. See ya then.
No comments:
Post a Comment