Friday, March 25, 2005

March Madness and McKenna is a tough little girl....



Here is my tribute to the March Madness that is going on right now. This was taken at Reunion Arena in Dallas Texas during the 1996 tournament. I had the opportunity to speak to the press after the game. I had a triple double earlier in the day (at Wendy's) and the press wanted my reaction.

Happy Easter!!!!

So let's take care of the mail...

Scott Dahl took it upon himself to appoint himself to the Websters dictionary board of directors....

'Chris, as your blog's recipient copywriter, I feel it is my duty to inform you that the correct spelling is "subpoenaed" not "sopinaed."

Your were "subpoenaed." Your were not "sop I nade."

Leave it to a cheesehead not to consult a dictionary. But that's okay, you got Vikes fans watching your back.'

Thanks Scott, I hope you don't charge me by the hour on that one. That could get expensive....

Speaking of spelling, Ialso spelled Robby DuPuis name wrong. Sorry dude. Slip of the finger. Middle finger.


Okay,

Last week I had the love all done on thursday night ready to go early friday, BUT, McKenna had other plans. I took her to day care about 8:15. As I was driving away, 15 minutes later, my cell rang and I noticed that it said day care. Uh, oh. What did I forget? Well I answer the phone and all I hear is screaming in the background. I know all of you who have kids can pick out your child's scream or laugh in a crowded room. I can't localize where the cordless phone is in the room, but I can tell that it is my kid screaming. They tell me that she was running(I know, funny, a child of mine running) and tripped and fell into a chair. I need to come back and take her to the hospital. Great, all that lazing around I was going to do at home is ruined, no that isn't what I thought but it is funny. So I go back to the day care and find my little girl, not screaming anymore, hugging the day care provider with a nice little gouge in her forehead. Talk about feeling bad. I know what people mean when they want to take the pain away and have it themselves. I wanted so bad to transfer the cut to me. If it were possible I would probably still be crying. On a funny side note McKenna is facinated with blood. I think she likes the color. Is this bad? On another side note. I was kicking myself for not having a camera with me. I wanted to document the whole thing. Is this bad?

So Donna comes to the day care, because she has the health care cards, and we go to the U of A Hospital. It is early in the morning so we get right in and the doctor sees her quickly. At this point McKenna thinks the whole thing is a field trip and you wouldn't know she was hurt if you couldn't see the gash over her forehead. They decide to put this numbing gel on her forehead to numb it, duh, so they can do the stitches. Only it takes an hour to get numb. I at this point am thinking that we are getting lucky because we have not had to wait for anything. Hour later...the place is packed and we wait, and wait, and finally the doc comes in and puts five stitches in my little girls forehead. She did not flinch but maybe once. I flinched a lot more than she did. Man I wish I had a camera. Is that wrong? No crying and no kicking or pulling away. What a kick ass little girl. She was out on the ice for her next shift.

So we left the hospital, without having to pay (Canada Health Care Rocks), and proceeded to be blackmailed by a two year old for lunch and a balloon. She thought since she was such a good girl she should get to have lunch at Red Robin and get a 'special balloon'. Well, it worked. She got a nice lunch and a Dora the Explorer Balloon. When we went back to the day care to pick up Donna's care McKenna wanted to go in and show off her stitches. It was nap time at day care so we didn't. She wasn't to happy about that.

Camera, camera, camera. I need to carry it everywhere.

So here are some pics I took once we got home and the next day. We weren't supposed to take the bandage off for a while but I needed a picture and Donna finally gave in.


Here is Donna preparing to rip the bandage off...

A close up of her badge of honor...

Here she is posing with her baby...

McKenna with her 'Special Balloon'

So there it is. What did we learn in all of this? Well, not to run at day care. Always milk any injury for all it is worth. Balloons with Dora on them are 'special'. And ALWAYS carry your camera with you.

Have a nice day and long weekend...

AND GET BACK TO WORK!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You rock, McKenna! not like that Williams wussy...