Thursday, July 17, 2008

Nordic Man blows up on the whole situation...

So the Nordic One, of the Gillett Nordic One's, decided to fill us in on what a Nordic person thinks about the whole mess that is Packer Nation. This is gonna be good...

Dear "The guy with the best blog ever that I have gone to a Packer game with",

I don't get to watch the news much so I am a little late to the game. I would have to agree with Schemkus. I don't believe either the Packers or Favre are telling the truth. Both have their own agendas. Just like in many fights/divorces, you have one side of the story, another side of the story, and somewhere in the middle is the truth. Favre is lashing out like a child and the Packers (TT and MM) are trying desperately to act younger them Favre. I mean, MY GOD. Everyone knows that Star players always get more leeway then any other players. Even more so for those stars as bright as Bret's. The get more calls their way during games, they get more attention from the coaches when they have something to say, they get more media attention, and the list goes on and on.

That doesn't mean I like it. It is just the way things are. If you want to win (right now) - Play him. If you want to prove that your guy (A-Rod) is the future? - Play him. But in following the adage that star players get more preferred treatment? - Grant Favre his wish and let him go. If you just want to prove your point and be a DICK? -Just hold his contract and don't let anyone have him. IE: Here's and idea.... Send him to Detroit and maybe Sanders will come out of
retirement. That is what the Lions did to Barry. Isn't it?

This whole ordeal is getting sickening to watch two great entities go down in every ones opinion. Favre is now just learning that the NFL is not about separate teams competing? The NFL is a monopoly putting a single product on the field every Sunday. It is a business. I have never seen anyone in the real business world succeed by airing the dirty laundry of their company in the public. I have seen a bunch get fired and/or spanked for it though.

For the record I have never been the greatest fan of Favre but I have come to appreciate him over time.

Also, I have yet to see one comment about Dianna being the one to write the email to Greta's show requesting the interview. You guys have the BALLS to question my manhood because my wife RESPONDED to an email that was SENT to her? But you let Bret off the hook for that? (I guess I just proved my point about the STAR getting away with special treatment.)


Darrell Lucht "THE Nordic One"

Whooooooooo! Now we go to school. Nordic Man totally brought the noise on that one. I have not heard the fact that Deanna asked for the interview yet. Yes, you are right, only the SuperStars get preferential treatment like you and Brett. Wow, I just put Favre and the Nordic Man on the same level. I just hope he does not decide to retire from the Entourage and hold us all hostage. Keep it real Nordic Man, keep it real.

Now GET BACK TO WORK!!!!

No comments: