On Wednesday night, a former Green Bay Gambler, and current Colorado Avalanche rolled thru Edmonton on his way to a 5-1 victory over the Oilers. His name was Jeff Finger and he is by far my favorite ex Gambler. As you can see in the picture above, he is still a bad ass on the ice. He knocked the snot out of JF Jacques and hit the post on a shot earlier in the game. He is playing great and it was a pleasure to be able to see him play again on the highest stage in hockey the NHL. Congrats Jeff on making the show. I hope you are here for a while, and from what your coaches say you will be around for a while.
I also had a chance to sit down with him on Thursday, because they have back to back games with the Oil, and do a podcast. Jeff was a great sport and answered all my dumbass questions honestly. TundraTalk is the Podcast that does not suck. We also initiated the first TundraTalk Podcast Contest so make sure that you listen and win! Crap, that sounds like a cheezy morning show guy. Oh well, just listen and shoot me an email(tundratalk1@mac.com) with your answer. The first three entries will get a signed score sheet from the game that Jeff scored his first goal. Oh and just a hint on the answer, it is not what his bio on the Avs website says. One of his roommates filled the questionaire out and put that team on the sheet, not the right team. Anyway his a a Michigan kid so you figure it out.
The Avalanche play again on Friday against the Oilers. They are in a battle to get the 8th place in the playoffs with Calgary. Calgary sucks and they are major choke artists so I expect the Avs will run them down. Especially since they play the Oilers again, that is a sure two points.
Oh yeah, and the Nordic Woman, of the Gillet Nordic People, had quite the scathing response to some of my comments about the viqueen fans last week, here they are...
Chris I take offense to no on looks good in purple and yellow. Let me tell
you I look damn hot in them! Just ask my Pack-Queer fan husband. As for
trying to lure you away from the TV, that is why I go to my brothers and
leave the man with green and gold at home. I don't prefer to throw up on
game day as he trys to woo me away from a Vikes game. Go Purple People
Eaters! Welcome to Green Bay MOSS!
Lisa the Nordic Woman
Okay then, if the Nordic Man is trying to lure you away from a minneSUCKA game it is for your own well being. Even a Packer Fan can have some compassion for a queen fan every once and a while. Although me personally, I believe that viqueen fan deserves all the misery it gets.
As for the Moss thing, we'll see if that actually comes to fruition (that word means something that is made real or concrete for all you slow viqueen fans). I am not so sure it will happen. Thank you for your response.
All right then, you have yourself a wonderful Friday and GET BACK TO WORK!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment