Self Portrait
I hate delays. I normally have to get to the airport at least two to two and a half hours early to clear customs with my Carnet. A Carnet for those of you who never fly with one is an inventory of my gear that we use to show that we are not going to the states to sell it and to show that we are using it for business purposes. It is kind of a big pain in the ass but we have to use them. You need a stamp leaving Canada, Entering the USA, and then leaving the USA and reentering Canada. Yes it sucks and is a big time consuming deal.
So I get to the airport early so as to get to customs and get my stamp. Sometimes they are closed as to clear flights coming in so you can often wait. So this time I got early got the stamp then go and sit and wait for my boarding pass, then wait to board. So a delay makes me sit even more. I love Air Canada and it's almost bankrupt partner United Airlines for all the lovely delays.
Back to the Carnet thing. In some airports US Customs is not in the international terminal. So a person, that person being me, has to lug all my 5 bags to that terminal, find the office, get the stamp, lug it all back to the international terminal, and then check it. A lot of fun. In PHX the terminal was this way, and as luck had it, it had not rained in over 300 days, well, it was a downpour on this day. I love travelling wet.
In fact it rained in LA the other day when we left also. Wasn't bad though, I only had two terminals to travell between.
Hey, Don Cherry and Ron McLean just walked by. Wow, real life celebrity on my plane.
No comments:
Post a Comment