Friday, March 03, 2006

Robby is on TV, Some people suck, Reg & Preacher rule...

RandyMr.Lahey
Blair and Me posing for a picture with the boys


I had the opportunity to go and see the Randy and Mr. Lahey comedy routine this last weekend and it was very funny. Randy, the guy without a shirt, is on the show Trailer Park Boys and is the assistant trailer park supervisor and never wears a shirt. Mr. Lahey is the Trailer park supervisor and an ex cop that is always drunk. These are the bad guys in the show and are very funny.

This was a big week for TundraTalk. I have three podcasts in the can, I got lots of stories to tell you, and Robby DuPuis, of the Chicago DuPuis, came back from his Euorpean vacation. So lets get it started...

brock lesnar

FIRST: Reg Rudolph sent me a cool little item that will go well on my wall. Everything looks better framed. I will get it framed, and hang it next to my Chris Benoit, Road Warriors, and Goldberg autograph. Thanks Reg. You get the first TundraTalk shout out this week.


Wisconsin Sweater

NEXT: Mike "Preacherman" Banaszynski, of the Pulaski Preachermen, took time out of his life LAST YEAR to send me a Wisconsin Badger jersey. Well you might say "Gee that is nice Chris. But why do we care this year?" Well there is a story behind that. A good one I might add.

Mike, being the not too smart guy that he is (he is a Red Wings fan), sent the sweater to my old address. Well, Mike, I have not lived there for about 4 years. So last week he asks me if I ever got the sweater. I said no and made a mental note to swing by the old place and see if they got it. Mental notes are sometimes made then like all post it notes fall off what ever they are stuck to after about two or three hours. My mental notes are no exception. This time though I remembered and swung by the place yesterday. Too my suprise the kids that live there answered the door. I asked them if their parents were around and they said no. So I explained to them who I was and why I was there. The kid asked me what was in the package and I said a hockey sweater. He said matter of factly "Oh, yeah, my dad got that." WHA?

I said do you know where it is? The kid said "No. My dad took it somewhere." WHA? I gave the kid my card and said give this to your dad and have him call me. He said come back tonight. I said I would. You better believe I will be back tonight.

SOOOOOOOOO, I go back that evening at about 6:30pm. The place is lit up. Almost every light is on in the joint. No prob, I think, they are there for sure. I go to the door and ring the doorbell. No answer. I knock on the door really hard. No answer. I know they are there. The dog is barking. Oh well, I will wait them out. I go back to the car and read my SI. About a half an hour later I see the kids come around the corner in the living room. They see me immediately and go and close the blinds and turn off the lights. WHA? I run to the door and knock. I can see people moving around in the back ground. The dog is going nuts. Eventually I see an adult walk from the kitchen to the bedroom and come to the door with, guess what? A sweater on a hanger in his hand.

He answers the door, and I tell him who I am and he just hands me the sweater. He gives me a dirty look then says "I had that thing on the fridge for six months. I just needed to find out what it was." WHA?

I took my sweater and left. I just wonder what else he has of mine in there. Where do people get off opening someone elses mail? They had our number and address. Was his fingers broken that he could not call us? Dick. Some people just suck.

So thanks Preacher for the sweater. It is awesome.

stmarksussmall

NEXT: Robby is back from Europe where he saw lots of old buildings and went to the Olympics. Above is a shot of Robby and his lovely wife in front of St. Marks Cathedral. Old buildings are cool. Floyd Fairweather would be proud. Wow there is a name from the past. Robby also went to the USA versus Slovakia game. Here is a pic from his seats at the game.

olyhockeygamesmall

He was also all over the broadcast here in Canada. TSN must have known that he was there so the took lots of shots of him. Here is a screen capture of the DuPuis. That is Robby in the USA jersey holdin the USA flag above his head right next to him is Mrs. DuPuis in the UND Sioux sweater.

robby in torino

Here is the video here... Watch the left top side of the viewer...

View this clip on Vimeo if you want to see it bigger...

Well I will leave you with this pic...

olymascotssmall

I am not sure if Robby was drinking in this shot, but hell why not?

Podcast Logo

CLICK HERE to listen to TundraTalk the Podcast.

I hope you have a nice weekend. Next weeks PODCAST has Don MacNeil as my guest. Donny is the west regional vice president of the Communications Energy and Paperworkers union. It is a good one so make sure you join me on TundraTalk.

Until next time. GET BACK TO WORK!!!!!

No comments: